With festival season already underway I thought it would be appropriate to share this super simple and trendy diy that would be the perfect accessory for a day at Coachella, a special date, or fancy day at work.
• Silk flowers of your choice snipped off the main bunch. Remember to leave a little more than a half inch of stem
• Three pieces of leather chord cut to about 1ft each
• Craft or Jewelry glue. I prefer the jewelry glue because it stays a little pliable. Hot glue may work too!
• Needle nose pliers and wire cutters
• A few jump rings and a clasp
• 10-12in of chain
• A few feet of chord or string
• Floral tape, you might be able to use it to wrap your flowers to your braid instead of glue
• Some extra pieces of chain to add a little shine to your crown
Liking this new trend I'm seeing for over-sized cuff bracelets. At first I was a little worried, they seemed like the genie's cuffs in Aladdin but I found a handful of looks that changed my mind and I've found a few specific cuffs I'm really digging, I might just have to invest in them. I think they would go nicely with a tan and some cut-offs (wishful warm weather thinking).
If you know me well enough you know I love love love house plants and flowers, you also may know that I really can't keep them alive, except for succulents. Let's face it, I'm obsessed. It seems like I can't ever just go to the grocery store, or any home store with out stopping by the plants and wishing I could take them all home with me. Unfortunately I am running out of space to put my little growing friends but after checking out Design Sponge today I have discovered a new way to feed my obsession!
Wearable Planter is a precious little etsy shop I've had my eye on for a while but I see now they've added a new item and that's planters you can attached to your bike (or whatever else you could dream up really)! They also have little necklaces, pins and even earrings. I am so excited to discover this unique little item and I can't wait to experiment with where I can sneak a little bit of life into next!
I can't decide which piece of planter jewelry I want more? Necklace or brooch, or both?